Ideal for those who love to surround themselves in simple, luxurious beauty and comfort.
This self catering suite is part of the Heritage & Culture centre-building with its own private veranda and braai and a wide view on the surrounding mountains. It is far enough from the Farmhouse to be private but close enough for spoiling yourselves to our wholesome, home cooked meals in the restaurant just around the corner or to laze around the pool and lapa close by. This suite is named after the Nwanedi dam with its twin walls and reflects the textured bush-veld of the arid parts of Venda north of the Soutpansberg.
This is a one bedroom suite with king size double bed and en-suite bathroom with a bath and a shower. There is a fire place and extra bed in the spacious lounge/dining area and kitchen. The suite has TV and Wi-Fi. The braai on the veranda has a beautiful view on the mountain.
This suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, stove, oven and microwave. There is a roof fan, heater, hairdryer, coffee and tea facilities, extra blankets and mosquito nets. A laundry service is available on request.
|1 November 2019 to 31 October 2020|
|Self catering||per person sharing||R 950|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 1450|
Children (0-2 years) free of charge | Children (3-10 years) half price when using an extra bed in the parents’ suite. Check in from 15.00 pm, check out before 10.00 am.
To see at the lodge
Nwanedi Guest suite is next to our first-rate Cultural Heritage centre with the history of the northern territories in colourful display and the works of exceptional artists’ in the art gallery, all under the wings of the Dancing Fish gallery which also comprise of:
- our own Textile & Design studio where we have regular workshops
- and the CraftArt shop in the Farmhouse, stocked with our own and unique products of the region
To do at the lodge
Get a taste of our fusion food in the farm house. Madi a Thavha mountain lodge offers a variety of cultural and lifestyle village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking and birding can be done practically from your doorstep too.
This is our first visit to South Africa and we fell with our noses in the butter! What beautiful accommodation, so delightfully styled with local culture and art. We did the culture tour and that was exquisite! – Johan & Digna van der Tham, The Netherlands
Madi a Thavha is popular for
- being different with a focus on culture, art & craft and sustainable development
- our unique and colourful interiors,
- being in the centre of the abundant variety of culture and big game and natural assets of Northern Limpopo such as Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site and
- being just a few hours’ drive away from neighboring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 driving, also to Mozambique.