Ideal for single guests who like their privacy yet also like to mingle with other guests when they feel like it.
This room has a fresh green interior with an open bathroom. The private patio sits under the canopy of a typical African Thorn tree, like a huge umbrella. Luvhuvhu is pronounced “Loovoovoo” and is named after the local Luvhuvhu river, the home of many “Mvhuvhu’s” – the Venda name for hippos.
This Guest room have coffee and tea facilities, fans, mosquito nets, a hairdryer, warm water bottles in winter, laundry services on request and a colourful display of local craft and art. There are TV and Wi-Fi in this room
|1 November 2019 to 31 October 2020|
|Bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 785|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 1055|
Children (0-2 years) free of charge | Children (3-10 years) half price when using an extra bed in the parents’ suite. Check in from 15.00 pm, check out before 10.00 am.
To see at the lodge
Luvhuvhu Guest room is within easy walking distance to all craft and art under the wings of the Dancing Fish gallery
- the top notch exhibition in our Cultural Heritage centre, with the colourful story of the making of the region to what it is today and its adjacent Resource room and library
- famous local artists’ work also in front of the gallery
- see what we are up to in our own Textile & Design studio or regular workshops
- our CraftArt shop stocked with our own and produce of the region
To do at the lodge
Madi a Thavha offer a variety of cultural and lifestyle village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking, cycling and birding can be done practically from your doorstep too .Luvhuvhu Guest room is close to the pool and lapa and our home-cooked fusion food in the Farmhouse.
We found a little paradise in Madi a Thavha, friendly people, wonderful art and a five star singing Chef! We are coming back for sure! – Harmut and Gaby Gelitzki, Germany
Madi a Thavha is known and popular for
- being different with a focus on culture, art & craft and sustainable development
- our unique and colourful interiors,
- being in the centre of the abundant variety of culture and big game and natural assets of Northern Limpopo such as Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site and
- being just a few hours’ drive away from neighbouring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 driving, also to Mozambique.