A comfortable suite ideal for families or friends travelling together.
This suite is almost like a tree-house with the balcony sheltered by the branches of a majestic old fig tree. It is named after the legendary Fundudzi lake in Venda… coming without the huge legendary white crocodile though.
Facilities in Fundudzi Guest suite
This is a one bedroom suite with twin beds and en-suite bathroom with an extra toilet. It has a large lounge and dining area with a fire place, two extra beds in the lounge, balcony with mountain view, a TV and Wi-Fi. There is a roof fan, heater, hairdryer, coffee and tea facilities and extra blankets and mosquito nets. A laundry service is available on request.
|1 November 2018 to 31 October 2019|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 1450|
Children (0-2 years) free of charge | Children (3-10 years) half price when using an extra bed in the parents’ suite. Check in from 15.00 pm, check out before 10.00 am.
To see at the lodge
The Fundudzi Guest suite is within easy walking distance to the Farmhouse and
- our Heritage & Culture centre with the history of the northern frontiers on colourful display,
- exceptional work of the best local artists’ also part of the whole “live-in” Dancing Fish gallery at the lodge
- see what we are up to in our Textile & Design studio or take part in workshops we present
- our CraftArt shop stocked with unique products of the region
To do at the lodge
We offer a variety of cultural and lifestyle village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking and birding can be done practically from your doorstep too.
Our stay at Madi a Thavha was our first contact with South Africa. Through your enthusiastic staff we had an unforgettable experience. We can recommend your guided village tour through the region with an open heart – Gerard, Hanneke, Anneloes, Marieke, Frank, The Netherlands.
Madi a Thavha is well known and popular for
- being different with our focus on culture, art & craft and sustainable development
- our unique and colourful interiors,
- being in the centre of the abundant variety of culture and big game of Northern Limpopo such as to be seen in Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site close by and
- being only a few hours’ drive away from neighbouring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 driving, also close to Mozambique through the bush.