Is a spacious and stylish luxury suite ideal for a small family, just around the corner of the lodge’s Cultural Heritage Centre.
It has a king size double bed with an en-suite bathroom. There are two extra twin beds in the living area and a veranda with view on the mountains. This room is named after the Albasini dam which provides most of the citizens of the Soutpansberg with their drinking water.
Facilities in suite
This Guest suite have a kitchen, coffee and tea facilities, fans, mosquito nets, a fire place, a hairdryer, warm water bottles in winter, laundry services on request and a colourful display of local craft and art. It has a TV and Wi-Fi.
|Self-catering||per person sharing||R 950|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 1450|
Children (0-2 years) free of charge | Children (3-10 years) half price when using an extra bed in the parents’ suite. Check in from 15.00 pm, check out before 10.00 am.
To see at the lodge
The Albasini Guest suite is within easy walking distance to the Farmhouse and
- our Heritage & Culture Centre with the stories of the northern frontiers on colorful display,
- exceptional work of the best local artists also part of the whole “live-in” Dancing Fish gallery at the lodge
- see what we are up to in our Textile & Design studio or take part in workshops we present
- our CraftArt shop stocked with unique, handmade products of the region
To do at the lodge
We offer a variety of cultural and lifestyle village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking and birding can be done practically from your doorstep too.
Ngiyabonga Khakhulu – thank for bringing me to Madi a Thavha” – Thandeka Ndebele, South Africa.
Madi a Thavha is well known and popular for
- being different with our focus on culture, art & craft and sustainable development
- our unique and colorful interiors,
- being in the Centre of the abundant variety of culture and big game of Northern Limpopo such as to be seen in Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site close by and
- being only a few hours’ drive away from neighboring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 driving, also close to Mozambique through the bush.