The Sandriver Bush house has a real bush-veld feel sitting under the wide spreading canopies of huge African thorn trees. This house is named after the dry Sandriver which cuts through the Soutpansberg at Waterpoort gorge. During raining season it feeds the Limpopo river, the border between South Africa and Zimbabwe.
All our Guest rooms have names related to the inter-connected water-bodies of Northern Limpopo. Madi a Thavha means water from the mountain in Tshivenda.
Space for friends and families
The Sandriver Bush house offers privacy and a space to relax and be yourself. It is connected by road, or a 400 m scenic footpath to the Farmhouse if guests want to book a meal there, laze around the pool or let the children play on the jungle gym and trampoline. Guests are welcome to use all the lodge’s special facilities.
Facilities of the Sandriver Bush house
This 2 bedroom house’s lush green and red interior has twin beds in the main bedroom and two single couch beds in the second. Baby beds are available on request. The open plan lounge and kitchen allows for cozy family meals and the roofed veranda makes an ideal spot for readers and birders or to watch the progress of the ‘braai’ fire in the front.
The Sandriver bush house’s open-plan kitchen and lounge has a TV, fridge, stove, oven and microwave. The bathroom is separate and has a shower. Guests who sleep in the main bedroom pass through the front room to go to the bathroom. There is a fan, heater, hairdryer, extra blankets and mosquito nets. A laundry service is available on request and Wi-Fi is available at the Farmhouse and lapa.
This lovely decorated house could easily fit our family and is nicely located, bordering the bush thus creating a large playing area for the children. Annette, Bas, Hugo, Pepijn and Lieve Rennings – Pieter Maritzburg
|1 November 2017 to
31 October 2018
|Self-catering||per person sharing||R 620|
|Bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 760|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 1030|
|single||R 1 125|
|Full boarding||per person sharing||R 1 180|
|single||R 1 275|
Children (0-2 years) free of charge | Children (3-10 years) half price when using an extra bed in the parents’ suite (no extra beds available in standard rooms). Check in from 15.00 pm, check out before 10.00 am.
To see and do at the lodge
The Sandriver Bush house is within easy walking distance (800 m) to the Farmhouse where:
- the colourful history of the rugged northern frontiers is on display in our Heritage & Culture center
- the craft and artworks of the best local artists’ can be seen in our ‘live in’ Dancing Fish gallery
- the ladies of our Textile & Design studio work or from time to time present creative workshops
- where our CraftArt shop stock unique creative products of the region
We offer a variety of cultural and lifestyle village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking, cycling and birding can be done from your doorstep too.
Madi a Thavha is known and popular for
- being different with our focus on culture, art & craft and sustainable development
- our unique and colorful interiors,
- being in the center of the abundant variety of culture and big game of Northern Limpopo such as to be seen in Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site close by and
- being only a few hours’ drive away from neighboring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 camping and driving, also close to Mozambique.