Ideal for singles, couples on tour or business people who’d like to stay in beautiful surroundings.
This unit is attached to the Farmhouse and restaurant, has its own private entrance, en suite bathroom and a homey veranda overlooking the pool and lapa and views on the surrounding mountains. It is named after Phiphidi waterfalls, a sacred traditional site in Venda land – it is pronounced “pee-pee-dee”.
Facilities in room
This Guest room has twin beds, TV and Wi-Fi, coffee and tea facilities, fans, mosquito nets, a hairdryer, warm water bottles in winter, laundry services on request and a frequently changing display of local craft and art.
|1 November 2016 to
31 October 2017
|Self catering||per person sharing||R 580|
|Bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 685|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 945|
|single||R 1 060|
|Full boarding||per person sharing||R 1 100|
|single||R 1 215|
To see at the lodge
Phiphidi Guest room is within easy walking distance to:
- our top notch Cultural Heritage centre with the history of the northern frontiers on colourful display,
- exceptional work of the best local artists’ also part of the whole “live-in” Dancing Fish gallery at the lodge
- see what we are up to in our own Textile & Design studio or doing in our regular workshops
- our CraftArt shop stocked with our own and unique produce of the region
To do at the lodge
We offer a variety of cultural village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking, cycling and birding can be done practically from your doorstep too. Phiphidi room is next to the pool and lapa and our home-cooked fusion food in the Farmhouse.
Hospitality, artistic flair, compassion for the local people in a magic setting! Many thanks Aart and Marcelle and success with all your development plans! – Peter and Monique Taylor, Centurion South Africa
Madi a Thavha is well known and popular for
- being different with a focus on culture, art & craft and sustainable development
- our unique and colourful interiors,
- being in the centre of the abundant variety of culture and big game and natural assets of Northern Limpopo such as Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site and
- being just a few hours’ drive away from neighboring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 driving, also to Mozambique