is a warm, private, luxury unit with a sunny veranda and warm interior. It has twin beds and an open bathroom. This room is named after the Albasini dam giving most of the Soutpansberg citizens their drinking water.
Facilities in room
This Guest room have coffee and tea facilities, fans, mosquito nets, a hairdryer, warm water bottles in winter, laundry services on request and a colourful display of local craft and art. It has a TV and Wi-Fi.
|1 November 2017 to
31 October 2018
|Self-catering||per person sharing||R 620|
|Bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 760|
|Dinner, bed and breakfast||per person sharing||R 1030|
|single||R 1 125|
|Full boarding||per person sharing||R 1 180|
|single||R 1 275|
Children (0-2 years) free of charge | Children (3-10 years) half price when using an extra bed in the parents’ suite (no extra beds available in standard rooms). Check in from 15.00 pm, check out before 10.00 am.
To see at the lodge
The Albasini Guest room is within easy walking distance to the Farmhouse and
- our Heritage & Culture centre with the history of the northern frontiers on colourful display,
- exceptional work of the best local artists’ also part of the whole “live-in” Dancing Fish gallery at the lodge
- see what we are up to in our Textile & Design studio or take part in workshops we present
- our CraftArt shop stocked with unique products of the region
To do at the lodge
We offer a variety of cultural and lifestyle village tours in northern Limpopo. Fun activities for adults and children, hiking, cycling and birding can be done practically from your doorstep too.
Ngiyabonga Khakhulu – thank God for bringing me to Madi a Thavha” – Thandeka Ndebele, South Africa.
Madi a Thavha is well known and popular for
- being different with our focus on culture, art & craft andsustainable development
- our unique and colourful interiors,
- being in the centre of the abundant variety of culture and big game of Northern Limpopo such as to be seen in Kruger Park and Mapungubwe World Heritage site close by and
- being only a few hours’ drive away from neighboring Botswana’s game reserves, Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls and if you do 4×4 driving, also close to Mozambique through the bush.